Monday, August 6, 2012

5 Things I Can't Wait To Participate In-And You Can Too! + More Links

One of my biggest "goals" this summer was to become more adventurous. I am that friend that likes to sit around on a field of grass while the rest of my friends play volleyball. I'm mellow and calm but I do want to become more "outdoorsy" simply because I know the benefits of it-stress relief, exercise, getting out of my comfort zone, etc. As I started looking into new, fun things to part-take, I discovered TONS of great activities that I unfortunately missed out on since they are mostly in the beginning of June or July (in my town. Each activity is different for each city! It may not be too late for you!) Each activity is done in many-many cities across America, (and some are even international) in which case I strongly recommend checking out their websites and reserving a spot for you! So, without further adieu-my personal list of 5 things I want to do next year. (NOTE: This list is subject to change and addition. These are the activities I discovered this summer, and I'm sure there will be tons more that I will stumble on. Hence, there may be a part deux.)

1. The Spartan Race I USA, UK, Canada, Slovakia (Australia, Mexico coming soon.)


Best inspirational video I've seen by far. 
Blood, sweat, tears. That pretty much sums it up right. The Spartan Race is a huge obstacle run, ranging from 3k, 8k, 10k and even Death Race (48 hours of non-stop hell. I mean...fun.) According to their website:
Simply, Spartan Race is the world’s leading obstacle race series. It’s an event of pure primitive craziness that you’ll never forget!. . . There is fire, mud, water, barbed wire, and occasionally Hell on Earth.There WILL be obstacles to catch you off guard. Curve balls, so to speak.
Get over it.We’re here to rip you from your comfort zone. If you need a road map for each step of the way, then maybe this race isn’t for you.
Basically, you pay to die. I plan on doing the 3k one which also includes  tons of awesome (*twitch) obstacles which I am just so happy to do! I can't wait to be covered in mud and sweat. (I totally regret wanting more adventure Being a hermit crab just sounds so much more appealing.)

2. Dayglow I USA
Fan of electro music and being splattered with paint? ME TOO! Known as "The World’s Largest Paint Party,” and I want in! Night out on the town, tons of neon colored paint, amazing music by a variety of DJs-honestly what more can you ask for? DAYGLOW makes events at cities all across the country I strongly recccomend checking them out, as I've heard superb reviews about 'em. In the mean time, check out "What to do at Dayglow?" for "Do's" and "Dont's" from the veterans.

3. "Celebrate America" Underwear RunAquaphor New York City Triathlon. I New York
2012 underwear run
If you are insane, you can do the New York Triathlon where you swim 1500m in Hudson River, Bike for 40k, and Jog 10k your way up Manhattan. (What fun!) I on the other hand will participate in the more risque, less death-causing, patriotic "Celebrate America" 1.7 mile undie run! All I have to do now is get super cute Victoria's Secret sports attire, and get my body to look like one of the angels'. Simple enough, eh? I do plan on getting the greasiest, most caloric cheese steak right after the run.

4. The Color Run-"The Happiest Run on Earth" I National USA
Me? Run? No no no. Unless I can get covered in paint! The Color Run, or "The Happiest Run on Earth" is 5 miles of awesome, colorful, healthy fun! It is less focused on competition and more about bringing people closer. You  can walk, run, jog, pretend to be an Olympian or whatever floats your boat. The most important thing is that you enjoy yourself! The run takes place in tons of cities, and they constantly bring in new updates. Check out their facebook page and twitter for the latest news and giveaways! (As well as the fun photographs from the runs.)
5. Pick 'something' (berries, fruit, lemons...whatever) I  Local
I really want to pick berries, or apples or any sort of fruit where I can enjoy myself, feel like I am back in Ukraine and take awesome pictures. If you wish to participate in something similar, simply Google " pick [strawberries/apples/pears/cherries] near [fill in your area] " Berry pickings usually occur in June or super early July so check up on the location regularly to find out when you can come over to collect the harvest! Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh yeah, share me!