Tuesday, June 26, 2012

7 Things: Favorites, Websites and All Things Fabulous From the Web

I've been busy for the past several weeks simply sitting on my little mustardy sofa, watching all the episodes of Dexter. Oh the shame! (It's actually a superb show. Do check it out soon!) However, I have come across some interesting things that caught my eye. Let's begin!

1. If you are as addicted to facebook as I am, but must not seem unprofessional at work by browsing through your newsfeed, I've got a potential solution for you! HardlyWork.in lets you access your facebook account and placing it into a neat, professional, sweet looking spreadsheet! Check out more screen shots here

2. Sleep is extremely important, but how much does it affect your health? Leave it to Allure and Glamour to investigate! Did you know you actually can lose some pounds by simply getting 7.5 hours of sleep each night? Read on!
 Courtesy of Glamour.com
  1. Lose Weight While You Sleep! (Glamour) 
  2. How To Wake Up Beautiful (Allure)
3. I'm obsessed with all things DIY. For some bizarre reason, my StumbleUpon picks up "Wedding" websites and this is the outcome-amazingly adorable, crafty ideas that are perfect not only for weddings but can be customizable for any occasion. For more DIY ideas, visit GreenWeddingShoes.com

Pie in a Jar DIY instructions
DIY book planter with succulents
DIY-terrarium-placeholder-01

4. I've spent a lot of hours lately on thebeautydepartment.com, much more than I care to admit. Their posts are so sweet and the photographic tutorials always keep me coming back. With much input from the fabulous Lauren Conrad, I am sure to know that there are always fantastic tips and brilliant ideas. The posts are neat, detailed and most of all-include photos! (The child in me is happy) For the tutorial a la "Very Veronica" hair as well as style, hair, beauty , click here. 
5. Obviously, not all of us are born with the innate knowledge of the financial vernacular. Nor do any of us simply understand the world of dollars and cents. It takes time and some guidance. For those of us who have not graduated a business school, where do we learn this financial babble? 
  1. Simple, concise, articulate and easy to understand. Check out the authors "Everything You Ever Really Needed to Know About Personal Finance On Just One PageThe Simple Dollar
  2. Khan Academy: Finance. Tons of free video, unimaginable value. Enjoy! 
6. Forbes' take on "Top 100 Websites For Women 2012" ranges from blogs, to professional resources, and to simply great reads! I've already found some favorites. 
7. If you want to get into shape, but don't have the proper resources (money for a gym membership/personal trainer/high-end chef/lipsocution clinic), you now can rest at ease. For a moment or two, because right after you gotta get started on Jamie Eason's 12 Week Transformation Plan! It's a program that includes a day-by-day exercise routine, diet plan (men and women), tips and comments. Day.By.Day. If there is ever a time and an amazing tool...this is it. Mark it in your calendars and do it with me! 

Jamie Eason's Livefit Trainer

So, it is officially 1:36 am. I really ought to follow Glamour's advice and get a solid 7.5 hours of sleep. (Hah, I don't remember the last time I had that) I'd love to hear your thoughts! Hope you have a fantastic week lovelies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh yeah, share me!