Monday, July 9, 2012

4 Great Food Blogs, 7 Easy, Delicious Recipes

I love to cook. Seriously. Okay, yes, many things have burned and I am no Julia Childs but I do think it is quite relaxing. So, get prepared for the most yummiest recipes from all over the web. Links, recipes, details and all!
P.S. (SIDE NOTE) I like to make these types of posts to show that a person doesn't need expensive tools ($50 cooking books, expensive skillets, illegally acquired truffles. . . ) to make an amazing meal. Moreover, this is a deeper lesson; if you seek, you shall find. If anyone needs help finding any resources, I'd be glad to help. 

1. SAVEUR
Recipes for any occasion-Cocktail Party, Thanksgiving, BBQ with the family. The site also is divided into different categories such as Cuisine (Asian, French, Italian, Mexican, etc), Techniques ( knife skills, baking), Travels (Europe, Asia, Carribean).
Porechetta Sandwiches
Recipe: http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Porchetta-Sandwich
I won't lie-some of the ingredients are not even recognizable to me. However, it looks delicious so I will go out of my way to decipher the author's intent.
Porchetta Sandwiches, Portland Food Trucks

2. BEVCOOKS
Clean site dedicated to illustrating that with a bit of time, patience and desire, you too can learn to cook like an adult rather than a college sophomore. (Uhhhh. *Clears throat)
From the author: "7 years ago as I was reaching for the toy in the bottom of a cereal box I’d opened for dinner, I had an epiphany, “Yeah, I need to learn how to cook.” " Sounds exactly like I. (Except for the fact that she makes food like an angel. Sigh) All recipes here. 
Chicken Pesto Minestone
Recipe: http://bevcooks.com/2012/02/chicken-pesto-minestrone/
I don't like soups but come on! How can you not want to give this a try?!

Shrimp Pasta with Tomatoes, Lemon and Spinach




3. EATGOOD4LIFE
Delicious recipes ranging from A-Z- appetizers, bread, breakfast, cakes, drinks, seafood, meals under 30 minutes. Please, feel free to stop me at any moment and go find your next favorite recipe! Full list of recipes here.  
Cajun Pasta Shrimp
Recipe:http://eatgood4life.blogspot.com/2011/05/cajun-shrimp-pasta.html#
I'm a huge fan of anything that has shrimp. This is on my "to-cook" list.
Skinny Fettuccine Alfredo With Spinach
Recipe: http://eatgood4life.blogspot.com/2012/02/skinny-fettuccine-alfredo-with-spinach.html
Fettuccine Alfredo with a low calorie count? Sign me up!
Simple, delicious, healthy, vegetarian recipes that are as fun to eat as they are to make. Ms. Erin (the fantastic lady behind the website) offers a variety of recipes featuring vegangluten-free and vegetarian recipes. For soups, deserts, side dishes and more, click here! 
Baked Hummus and Spinach Dip
A great dip goes a long way-even further if it has some sort of nutritional value to it. 
 
Black Eyed Peas and Dill Potato Skillet
Is it bizarre that I love her photography just as much as her cooking? I must find out what magical device she uses 


So, what do you think? Can you smell the delicious aroma through the screen? Get to cookin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh yeah, share me!